Australia Skilled Recognised Graduate Visa (Subclass 476) Via Registered Migration Agents

Australia Skilled Recognised Graduate Visa (Subclass 476) Via Registered Migration Agents

  • A prominent opportunity for recent engineering graduates to gain international work experience from Australia to add value to their CV
  • Apply for subclass 476
  • Temporary visa that allows you and your family to live & work in Australia.


Subclass 476 is a temporary visa that is valid for 18 months. It allows you to travel, work and enroll in further studies . Your family can also be included in this visa.

Australia is an excellent place to start your career-the experience looks fantastic on a resume, you can improve your English, and may have the opportunity to work in Australia permanently if the employer values your input. Graduates of overseas universities can work in Australia for up to 18 months if their qualifications are in demand in Australia. If you’re a recent engineering graduate, your skills as in demand in Australia. You can enjoy the climate and way of life, and work in one of the world’s healthiest economies. An enviable position for any graduate!

Keywest can assist you in applying for this visa. You can either Reach out to us at any of our India offices or our Australia office in Melbourne.

Your application will be processed and represented by RMAs (Registered Migration Agents) to the concerned processing body (DIBP). RMAs will communicate with the Australia immigration department regarding your application with your consent and on your behalf.

Program Benefits

Subclass 476 Visa Holder recent graduate is Entitled to:

  • Allows a recent graduate to gain valuable experience.
  • You can live, work & study in Australia.
  • Allows you an opportunity to convert your temporary visa in to permanent visa by securing a job.
  • Access to further education.
  • You can include the following people in your visa application like your partner (married or de facto), your or your partner’s dependent children & other dependent relatives.


In order to be eligible for a 476 visa, the applicant must meet a range of requirements relating to:

  • Education,
  • Skills,
  • Age,
  • English language ability,
  • Health and character.

The main requirement is that you have completed an engineering degree (or higher) within two years of applying. Your eligibility may also depend on if there is a demand for your skills in Australia, and if you attended an approved university.

There are hundreds of approved universities around the world, but you’re not eligible if you completed your studies at a college or university that is only affiliated with a recognized institution.

Your qualification from the recognized institution must also be in engineering-you can’t apply if you have a qualification from an approved university, and then an engineering qualification from another institution.


  • You should be younger than 31 years of age.
  • You should have completed an eligible engineering qualification from a recognized institution in the past two years.
  • You should have not held a Skilled—Recognized Graduate visa (subclass 476) or a Temporary Graduate (subclass 485) before (unless you were a dependent family member).
  • You can demonstrate your English language ability.
  • You meet health and character requirements.

Engineering qualifications:

In the two years before you apply, you must have completed one of the following qualifications in engineering:

  • Bachelors degree.
  • Masters degree.
  • Doctoral degree.
  • Postgraduate diploma.

Your qualification must contain a major sequence of study or specialization in engineering, such as:

  • Civil engineering.
  • Structural engineering.
  • Chemical engineering.
  • Environmental engineering.
  • Electrical and Electronics engineering.
  • Mechanical, Production and Plant engineering.
  • Mining and Material engineering.

Recognized institutions:
You must have completed your engineering qualification at a recognised educational institution. Study at an institution or college that is affiliated with a recognised institution does not satisfy this requirement.

English language ability:
If you are a citizen of the United Kingdom, Canada, New Zealand, the United States of America or the Republic of Ireland or you hold a valid passport from one of those countries, you are considered to meet the English language requirement for this visa.

Otherwise, you must provide evidence of having achieved the following scores from one of the specified English language tests:

  • A score of at least 6 for each of the four components of the International English Language Testing System (IELTS).
  • A score of at least ‘B’ for each of the four test components of an Occupational English Test (OET).
  • The following minimum test scores for each of the four test components: Listening–12, Reading–13, Writing-21, Speaking–18 in a Test of English as a Foreign Language internet-based test (TOEFL iBT).
  • Score of at least 50 for each of the four test components of the Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic).

You must complete your English language test before you apply. The score must be from a test that you sat no more than three years before you apply. The IELTS has an academic test and a general training test. You need only take the general training test.

Health requirements:
You must meet certain health requirements. The health examinations you need will depend on your personal circumstances, including your country of citizenship, time spent in another country during the last five years and your intended activities in Australia. The results of your health examinations are generally valid for 12 months.

This applies to you and any dependent family members included in your application. You are able to organize your health examinations upfront before lodging a visa application.

Character Requirements
You must meet certain character requirements. You must be prepared to provide a police certificate from each country you have lived in for 12 months or more during the past 10 years after you turned 16 years of age. Do not arrange for police certificates until we ask you to. This also applies to all dependent family members in the application who are 16 years of age or older.

Debts to the Australian Government:
You must have no outstanding debts to the Australian Government or have arranged to repay any outstanding debts to the Australian Government before this visa can be granted. This also applies to all dependent family members in your application who are 18 years of age or older Prepare your documents before you lodge an application. You must pay the visa charges by credit card. You also have the facility to lodge the application through courier. You might also be interviewed. If you are asked to attend an interview in person, bring your passport or other identification and any requested documents to the interview. You have a number of options available to you towards the end of your visa. If you want to return home after gaining valuable work experience, you simply need to do so before your visa expires. If you would like to stay in Australia, your visa options depend on your employment situation. If your employer would like to offer you a permanent role, you can apply for a sponsored visa and remain in Australia for at least another 4 years. If you have not received an offer, just speak to our consultants about your situation and they will advise on the best course of action. You may need to leave the country and apply for a specific skilled worker visa from home, but there are other avenues open to you.